Honors and Awards
Dr. Kalyan Piratla was featured in the ENR Southeast 2022 Class of Top Young Professionals (20 under age 40).
Dr. Kalyan Piratla received the 2020 Trent Ralston Young Trenchless Achievement Award from the North American Society for Trenchless Technology.
Dr. Kalyan Piratla received the S. E. Liles, Jr. Distinguished Professorship from the College of Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences at Clemson University in 2018.
Dr. Kalyan Piratla received the national award, 2015 Arthur M. Wellington Prize, from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) for co-authoring the paper titled "Quantification of a Sustainability Index for Underground Utility Infrastructure Projects," which was published in the ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management in 2013.
Left to right: Mr. Thomas W. Smith III (ASCE’s Executive Director), Mr. Aaron Cohen (Sr. Lecturer at ASU, co-recipient of the Wellington Prize), Dr. Kalyan R. Piratla (Asst. Prof. at Clemson), Dr. Samuel T. Ariaratnam (Prof. at ASU, co-recipient of the Wellington Prize), and Dr. Robert D. Stevens (ASCE President).
5. Kalyan Piratla received the best poster award for the paper "Enabling Sustainable Sensing in Adverse Environments" at IEEE SECON 2013 conference held in New Orleans, LA.
6. Kalyan Piratla received international scholarship award from the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering in 2011.
7. Kalyan Piratla received Del E. Webb Foundation Fellowship Award in years 2009, 2010 and 2011 at Arizona State University.
8. Kalyan Piratla received Arizona Water Scholarship Award in year 2010.
9. Kalyan Piratla received the ASU Graduate Fellowship Award in 2009.
1. Suraj Goverdhanam, Recipient of AACE Scholarship Award
2. He Jin, Recipient of AACE Scholarship Award
3. James Hubbard, Recipient of Rain for Rent Scholarship Award in 2014
4. Jared Cooper, Recipient of Rain for Rent Scholarship Award in 2015
5. Kate Wieczorek, Recipient of Argent Memorial Scholarship Award from NASTT in 2016